How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry Tour 9630
1) Turn off the phone
2) Need a SIM card inserted into the phone (Example: Verizon, At&t, T-Mobile)
3) Turn on the phone
4) Go to Settings
5) Go to Options
6) Go to Advanced Options
7) Go to Sim Card
8) HOLD ALT and press: mep2 (Please note that you will NOT see what you type on
9) Enter the code, Remember you ONLY have 10 chances to get it right
10) Enter it and then press trackball to confirm and your phone is unlocked!
11) A message will appear saying Code Accepted
12) Turn device off by removing battery, insert SIM of your choice if have not done so already. Turning device is necessary even if you have SIM of choice inserted.
13) Turn the phone back on
14) Go to Settings, then Manage Connections, then Mobile Network Options and set the Network Technology to GSM/UMTS.
15) Set Network Mode to 3G & 2G.
16) Press the Back Arrow Button once to exit and save settings.
17) Inside the Manage Connections - set Mobile Network to on.
18) Return to the main screen by pressing End Call and you should see your phone
19) As a reminder, if you ever remove the SIM card from your phone, you will need to set the Network Technology as GSM/UMTS again
1) If you have issues with the phone not recognizing the network, make sure the radio is on by making sure it is not low on power.
2) If you follow the above instructions and code is accepted with the Network Technology set to GSM/UMTS and still not working, it may be the SIM needs to be replaced with a newer SIM Card.
VERIZON TOURS ONLY: Removing "Activation Required" on the screen or changing the Phone Number:
1) On the main screen of the phone, press Call (Green Button)
2) Type on the screen: ##000000
3) Press the Call Button
4) For the Mobile Directory Number, put in your phone number in there
5) After you have done that, press the Menu Button to Save the options and the phone will automatically restart
6) After restarting, it will be updated
SPRINT TOURS: If you need to remove the Activation required, you will need to get the MSL code to remove it. Contact us for costs.